Hey Adam here, thanks for stopping by to check out my Teds Woodworking review.
If you are anything like me, a woodwork enthusiast you probably have come across Teds product in one way or another. And yes I did look into Teds Woodworking plans.
Mind you, the guy, a seasoned woodworker himself is offering a whopping 16,000+ plans for all kind of wood projects.
The offer was too good to skip but is this whole thing worth the hype?
Keep reading to find out.
Kindly note that this article is a result of my research into Teds plans and represent my opinion. I invite you to go check it out yourself and decide if it’s a good fit for your needs..
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. This means that I may get a small commission because of you buying through my link. This has no impact on you or the product price. The regular product price is $67 with a 60 days money back guarantee!
A bargain for so many plans
A mix of detailed and non detailed plans
You can find your way around
Dedicated support access. 48hrs response
What I Like
- A massive collection of 16,000+ plans which probably makes this product the worlds largest guides on woodworking. Given that the book is in digital format, it makes it easily and readily available to any woodworker regardless of their location and skill level
- I have noticed that the plans are in high resolution making them easy to read without the need of additional accessory such as a microscope!
- Honestly the guides are written in a simple, easy to follow set of instructions. No academic English to confuse the average woodworker. Most people will understand the guides.
- In addition to the massive 16,000+ plans you have access to 150+ instructional videos. This will ease your learning experience and you could become a proficient woodworker in no time.
- If you happen to be a beginner woodworker then don’t worry, Ted has you covered with a beginner manual that has more than 200 pages with solid foundational instructions on woodworking.
- You have access to a free DWG CAD file viewer and 3D software for you to easily visualize how your finish product will look like. A real time saver!
- Oh did I mention the 60-day money back guarantee? If nor any reason you are not happy with what you are getting, you can request a refund. No question asked. The risk is on Ted. Could this get any better?
What I Don’t Like
- If you are just starting in woodworking, then the sheer size of the plans 16,000+ can be overwhelming. Where the hell do you start? My advice is to pick a plan that matches your skill level and start from there. Easy projects to get you going while you improve on your skills and abilities in woodworking.
- I think there is a room for improvement in the way the plans have been laid out. I found them all over the place. Needless to say, you can flip and see which ones you want to start with.
- I am not aware of a hardcopy of this product therefore you would need a device and an internet access. Well who does not have an internet access these days?
Overall Summary: An impressive resource of woodworking plans at a reasonable price. You Can’t go wrong.
Regular price is $67 but you can get it at $47 with a 60 day 100% money back guarantee. Just wait 20 seconds on the sales page and claim your $20 voucher.
The truth about Ted and his product
It’s no surprise when a product is so popular like Teds Woodworking, to find lots of mixed reviews about Ted and his plans.
In order to be thorough in my review I had to do a bit of digging to figure out what people thought about this product.
I found an interesting fact: the truth is that “Ted” does not seem to exist. I mean it’s without a doubt a persona created by the owner of the product.
Hey, this is nothing new. Big companies have used similar tactics before. You may not know Leo Burnett but he was the man behind the character the Marlboro Man who was featured in all Marlboro campaigns from 1954 up until 1999!
There is also Morris the Cat the “world’s most finicky cat” representing the 9Lives cat food since 1968.
I could go on with more examples but the point I am trying to make is that creating and using personas in marketing is a common practice. Companies use characters to represent their products and sometimes those characters take a life on their own.
It should not change nor impact the product itself.
Teds woodworking scam: where do the plans come from?
What I discovered is that Teds plans are apparently from existing publications. I can hear you saying what? Yes, I know I was also taken back a bit when I first saw that.
Most plans are seemingly from magazines, other websites and even books. Well, isn’t this a bit shady?
Does Ted even have legal right to those plans? You might be asking yourself.
In the digital world, people always come up with bundle ideas for products something like a compilation or some sort. If Ted happen to own the rights to these plans and wants to sell them, then good on him.
Needless to say that I am no lawyer but for people to call Teds Woodworking plans a scam or illegal seems to be pretty serious.
What put my mind at ease is the fact that Ted has been on the clickbank platform for so long that if this happen to be true then it’s a serious oversight from both Clickbank and Ted. Some of the claims date back in 2012 and we are in December 2020 while I write these words.
Makes one wonder what law Ted broke and why is it that the said businesses aren’t doing anything about it. But again, I am no lawyer so that’s extent of my opinion.
From what I can tell Teds Woodworking is a very popular and successful product.
Well it’s been more than 8 years since the first claims came up and if nothing has happened so far I really doubt that anything will in the coming years.
Why is it that some bloggers are unhappy with Ted’s Woodworking?
What I found is that some bloggers are unhappy with Teds plans because of his aggressive marketing tactics. Really who has not heard about Teds and his plans? That is if you are a woodworking enthusiast of course.
Truth be told, you can’t please everyone so the reality is that some bloggers will never like Ted’s Woodworking. Meanwhile Ted is still selling his plans with some happy customers. The offer is too great to ignore!
Teds woodworking review an honest customer opinion
My honest opinion is that this product is probably one of the best woodworking guides in the world. The collection of plans is massive and given that it’s all digital you will continually refer to these plans for your projects.
Whether you are a seasoned woodworker or just hobbyist, you will find Teds Woodworking a useful resource. You have enough projects to keep you busy for years to come, not to mention the monthly updates provided by Ted and his team.
Teds woodworking download
As I mentioned before Teds product is only available online but you gain instant access after purchase.
The regular price is $67 but you can grab the product at a reduced price of $47 using this link. (You simply need to wait 20 seconds on the sales page or even try to leave the page to get claim a $20 voucher!).
What can you do with the plans?
As a starting point, you are probably reading this article because you have some woodworking projects in mind or maybe you simply want to offer this product as a gift to the woodworker in your life.
You could also easily start a woodworking business from your garage as a side hustle. Does not require a massive capital fund but you will need some woodworking essential tools.
Teds woodworking refund
if for any reason you are not happy with the product and would like to get a refund, here is how to proceed:
Input your order’s information and click Submit
Click on “Click here” to get support on the top left corner
Select “More Options” and write your request
In most cases, Clickbank will allow a refund. Note that you must request the refund within 60 days of purchase. It may take you a month or two, but patience is a virtue, so… why not?