It is quite possible to make a wooden door without using the expensive services of a craftsman. You can make a solid, rustic and complete door yourself if you know how to make a wooden door. The steps to follow are simple, start by interlocking tongue and groove to glue floorboards together. Then, bolt a Z to hold it all together. We invite you to browse this article to learn the whole procedure.
To do this, you need:
How to make a wooden door?
– When you begin to build a wooden door, first take the measurements of its future location by putting one of the vertical posts.
– Then, draw the line and transfer it to the second vertical jamb.
– The plan of a wood door is such that the horizontal jamb should measure according to the distance between the other 2 verticals.
– At the frame level, 2 fir bars with unequal sections make up a door. As vertical jambs, they will be nailed and glued together to create a rebate.
– To make a door, you must then start by gluing.
– You must gather the glued elements that make up your solid wood door that you have previously put on the workbench.
– Go through the reinforcement nailing.
– Place the wooden door jambs.
– Every 25 cm, drill the fixing holes and do the same in the wall material.
– If your wall is made of brick, plug the holes with standard solid wall plugs.
– To finalize the first major step in making a wooden door, you must place male hinges on one of the jambs, straighten them, and then screw them in, making sure they are vertical with a spirit level.
Do it from the bottom of the rabbet, allowing 4 to 6 mm of play.
– Wooden doors are made from tongue and groove floorboards.
– If you join the floorboards with a smaller number of whole boards, after the Z is installed, you can complete the width with an additional board that you will cut in its length.
– Take 2 wooden bars and put the panel obtained after starting to make the wooden door.
– Place 2 bars on top.
– Use clamps to secure the ends.
– If you don’t have large opening clamps, use taut cords and a wooden wrench.
– The second major part of making a wood door is completed by giving the slats their intended lengths.
– Whether you are making a large or small wooden door, it is wiser to use exotic wood bars to build the Z.
– Take the Z-bars and place them 40 cm from the bottom and top of the door.
– To successfully cut and position the rails, you must take into account the width of the rebate when installing the Z.
– Pencil in their right-of-way on the door slats.
– Use clamps to lock each crossbar in its exact position.
– Every 10 cm, note the points.
– Use a 6 x 50 mm diameter drill bit to make the holes in the crossbar.
– Make a countersink to delimit the entries for the bolts.
– Take a flat drill bit with a diameter equal to that of a pipe wrench. Then, countersink the holes on the other side of the door, respecting the thickness of the nuts to measure the depth.
– You must put the nut after the washer.
– For this time, use a pipe wrench to tighten it. At the same time, in order to maintain the bolt on the other side, use a screwdriver.
– Be aware that the ends of the Z must stop at the right of the ones opposite the crosspieces.
– This is the last point of the third major step of how to make a wooden door. After tracing the ends, you can put the stile in place and follow the same procedure as with the crosspieces for drilling and bolting.